7.24.2013

linen arrow shirt

I've been doing a lot of sewing this summer so I have a lot to sharing and updating to do on this space. I made this top a few months ago from a vintage pattern. I just love the graphic inset arrow motif of the neckline. I chose to got with black and white linen for this top, but this pattern would look great made up in an array of  colors and materials. I used a medium weight linen in white for the body, which has a lovely drape, and a lightweight black linen for the inset. I made a few changes to the pattern to modernize it a bit. I removed the back center seam and cut the back piece on the fold, I removed the back shoulder darts and I changed the back facing to bias binding. It's one of my favorite pieces I've made this summer. I even made a dress version too. I'll share that soon.